DigiMail – Register For DigiMail ID | Digital Sign
Digimail – Under the National e-Governance scheme, Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DEITY) & Ministry of Communication & Information Technology has started this Digimail.
You should know that CSC has parts which are “e-mail ID of CSC“, which is also called as “Digimail” and the second one is “CSC ID”. Every CSC center operator or every Village Level Entrepreneur(VLE) is provided with a different mail address which is Digi mail.
After the citizen become a CSC holder, then he/she will receive their Digi mail ID on their registered e-mail address which is linked through the Aadhaar Number. One should have an e-mail ID linked to their Aadhaar otherwise, they won’t be receiving any Digimail ID.
Below we cover the complete information about Digi Mail ID & How to get It.
How to get Digimail?
The Government provided Services, Commercial Services and public utility services are made available to the citizens of India through these Common Service Centers (CSCs). The CSCs are like access points where the public can be able to reach for Government services.
If you’re planning to open a CSC center – Read this guide
The following is the step-to-step guide for the candidates who are interested in registering for a Digimail. If you are not having a Digi mail yet and you own a CSC center then follow the below steps carefully which is online procedure to get Digimail.
- Visit the official website of the CSC Registration portal.
- On the homepage, click on the “Click here for Digimail”.
- You will be redirected to a page as shown in the image below.
- Or click here to visit the page, https://register.csc.gov.in/bioauth/myaccount.
- Fill in the details like Aadhaar number, Authentication type, Captcha etc.
- Ensure the details entered in their respective columns are correct.
- Click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the registration section.
After submitting the details, you will get the ID and Password on your email address which is linked to your Aadhar. You have to note those login details for future use. After receiving the mail, you have to visit the official portal of the Digimail.
In case if you already have an account or forgot the password visit here.
You can even click here to go to Digi mail page directly, https://mail.digimail.in/. The page will be having a login section as shown in the below image.
Enter the username and password received through the email ID. Click on the “sign in” after filling up the login details.
Now after you logged in to your profile, you can see the “PIN Setting” button in your dashboard. After clicking on the option, you will receive the OTP – One Time Password to your mobile number which was linked to your Aadhaar.
After that, you can add money through online banking and can also change your PIN according to your comfort.
Requirements to get Digi mail
The Digi mail services are offered by the Common Service Center (CSC) to all the citizens in rural and remote areas. All the CSC owners should read the information before applying for Official Mail service. As most of the users prefer online services it can save most of the time.
The following list is the requirements needed for a VLE or a CSC Owner, to obtain a new Digimail ID by going through the above-explained Online Procedure. Applicants are advised to read the requirements carefully.
- The Applicant should have his/her Aadhaar number before applying for it.
- The CSC holder must be having an e-mail ID linked to his/her Aadhaar card.
- The same mobile number you are having should have been registered with Aadhar.
The mobile number is most important as others because the candidate will get an OTP to his/her mobile number which will be linked to his/her Aadhaar.
You just need to have the above-mentioned things make sure as without all of this information you can’t get the ID.
In case if you need any assistance, you also can send your request through the mail to “firstname.lastname@example.org” address or you can also make a call to toll-free “1800-3000-3468” number.
How to Reset your Digimail Password?
If you forgot your password for the Digimail ID, then you can easily reset your password by using the online procedure which is clearly explained below step-by-step.
- Visit the official website of CSC, https://register.csc.gov.in/myaccount.
- Fill the details required in their respective columns.
- Choose the Authentication type accordingly.
- Enter the 5-digit CAPTCHA code as shown in the image beside that column.
- Click on Submit button at bottom of the section.
You will receive a link to the email address linked to your Aadhaar, which can be used to reset your password. By clicking on that link you will be redirected to a page where you have to fill out all the columns like your new password & confirm new password in their respective columns.
If you need any more information related to Digimail ID you can leave a comment here or contact us. We will try to help you out.